CHAP is open to all
We have 10 Founder Partners which include organisations from both industry and the science base.
The Board is chaired by John Chinn who is a farmer and businessman. CHAP has a small Executive Team based in NAFIC, Sand Hutton near York, who work closely with, and are supported by, all the Founder Partners.
Our aim is to engage with anyone involved in the food industry including farmers, growers, agronomists, food processors, food retailers and seed companies.
We want to find out what their top priorities are, such as improving crop yields & quality, agricultural productivity and sustainability so that we can invite our scientists to find solutions.
We also want to make maximum use of our state-of-the art capabilities which include:
- Smart farming technologies
- E-Flows mesocosm
- Fungal biopesticide development
- Imaging technology to assess plant responses to pathogens, pests and weeds
- Reference collection of crop biotic threats
- Mobile trailers for on-farm diagnosis and solutions to crop health problems
- Early identification of pesticide resistance
- International plant clinics
- Precision till, sow and spray cultivators
- Soil science unit
- Crop storage research unit
- LED lit vertical farm
- Biopesticide screening to test their efficiency and effectiveness
If you are interested in any of these facilities, they are available for you to use. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.