Permanent, Full time
Salary: Competitive + benefits package
Location York or Herefordhsire
Crop Health and Protection (“CHAP”) is one of four Centre’s for Agricultural Innovation and a key component of the government’s Agri-Tech strategy.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Marketing Manager will work with the Commercial Director and the team to develop, communicate and implement tactical and strategic marketing activities to drive revenue through CHAP’s existing state-of-the-art service capabilities.
Through a range of marketing channels, the Marketing Manager will engage with the CHAP Partners, Leading Scientists working on the CHAP Capabilities and customer segments to raise awareness of CHAP and its services in the sector. Customers for these various services include; SME’s, large Agrichemical companies, farmers, growers, agronomists, food retailers, seed companies and soil experts, initially in the UK.
This role has a strong communication focus.
Main duties and responsibilities
In conjunction with the Commercial Director, develop and implement the marketing strategy for new and existing capabilities by creating a ‘Go To Market’ strategy for each capability; understanding the differing needs of farmers, businesses and scientists depending on the audience/target.
- Key focus on marketing via social media, twitter, Facebook, the web (PPC/SEO) , linked In and digital direct marketing campaigns to increase website traffic, build conversations, raise brand awareness and improve communication and interaction with our audience.
- Develop and implement the brand strategy for CHAP which supports objectives and long-term views of how CHAP wishes to look feel and project its self in the Agri-Chem arena, promoting its Value Propositions.
- Bundle the capability ‘stories’ and work with the partners to promote/market CHAP and its offerings in an attractive and interesting format.
- Help to build and utilise the CRM data base to pull the areas of interest from the listed accounts and pursue these in a structured. targeted marketing approach.
- Work closely with the Innovation Hub Leads to identify and exploit interest shown in the capabilities offered by CHAP and expand on those already taken up.
Other duties may include:
- Report on commercial revenue targets to Innovate UK.
- Facilitate and attend exhibitions.
- Keep abreast of national developments regarding Agritech issues to ensure strong specialist knowledge and best practice.
- Develop specialist knowledge of the Agritech sector to be able to respond professionally and with confidence to enquiries in this sector.
Very strong attention to detail.
Collaborative style of working.
Excellent at approaching individuals and building and maintaining relationships across a broad spectrum of people, businesses, academics and the public sector.
Self-motivated, able to manage own time to ensure efficient and effective performance.
Comfortable and effective working on own initiative.
Creative and innovative.
Drives projects through to completion with a practical ‘can do’ approach, keeping them on track.
Qualifications and Experience, Essential
Science Degree and Marketing qualification.
Experienced in marketing across social networking sites (e.g. Facebook), Networking sites (e.g. LinkedIn), Micro blogging sites (e.g. Twitter), Video sharing sites (e.g. YouTube), Blogs (e.g. Google Blogger, Tumblr) and forums and discussion boards
Possess strong people skills, organisational skills and great attention to detail.
Desirable but not essential
A marketing degree and/or several years commercial experience.
Market research qualification.
This is a full-time position based in York or Hertfordshire, with some travel across the United Kingdom.
To apply, please send your CV (maximum of 3 sides of A4) and covering letter to Enquiries@Chap-solutions.co.uk