Work for CHAPWorking with us here at CHAP Towers, you will have the chance to carve out your own career in the exciting Agri-Tech sector. Don’t delay and apply today…
Senior Project Manager
Dependent on experience
Crop Health and Protection Limited is one of the four Centres for Agricultural Innovation and a key component of the UK Government’s Agri-Tech Strategy, aiming to spark scientific and technical innovation that enables transformational change and sustainable productivity in agriculture.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of projects within the CHAP portfolio through effective assurance, tracking and reporting.
To succeed in this role, you should have effective communication skills and be able to collaborate with CHAP’s partners from industry and academia to deliver successful outcomes to set deadlines.
You are responsible for representing the CHAP image in all activity, acting in a professional manner in dealings with Partners, project teams and government agencies.
Ultimately, the role of the Project Manager is to support the whole team to ensure that the project is governed and administered correctly, in line with Innovate UK guidelines and the approved Project Business Cases and Project Management Plans.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Project Manager will take responsibility for leading the team and running the delivery of a wide range of agri-tech research projects including the following responsibilities:
- Oversee resource planning, ensuring that the development of all projects occurs in a timely fashion, adheres to scope and meets high-quality standards
- Manage workflows, champion new processes and better ways of working.
- Train and mentor team members.
- Develop close and productive working relationships across all teams, showing leadership and support, and promoting efficient ways of working.
- Ensure the winning bids for project funding are translated into delivery objectives and implemented to agreed outcomes within time, cost and quality.
- Anticipate and manage delivery risks, assessing the potential impact on project delivery and managing mitigation and fallback plans. Highlight obstacles to delivery in advance and pull together the activities to overcome them
- Maintain and monitor project plans and schedules, resourcing etc. keeping delivery of projects on track
- Lead on stakeholder engagement to understand their unique communication needs during the project
- Act as a reference point for project queries from internal and external stakeholders. Understand the project scope and required activities to be able to challenge project progress
- Organise, prepare materials for and participate in project stakeholder meetings.
- Produce management information data (including report and dashboard creation) to the PMO and CHAP leadership team, supporting CHAP internal and external governance and oversight.
- Make appropriate use of the CHAP project reporting and monitoring tools and governance arrangements.
Experience, Skills and Behaviours
- Previous experience in managing a team of project managers and leading on training and development.
- A proven background of management of a wide range of projects of various sizes.
- Experience as a Project Manager or similar role, up to and including board level reports.
- The ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, process maps, schedules, WBS and step-by-step action plans.
- Familiarity with risk management, governance principles and quality assurance.
- Intermediate level Excel skills would be essential.
- Experience of Innovate UK funded project delivery
- IPMA Level D / APMP / PRINCE2 Practitioner certification is a plus.
- A background in agriculture, agrifood or research environments.
- Experience of/with SalesForce desirable.
- MS Visio.
- GDPR knowledge.
- Flexible in applying knowledge and capable of adapting approaches to meet different project needs.
- Able to confidently manage stakeholders: challenging and influencing while maintaining good relationships.
- Strategic thinking, aligning project deliverables with business strategy.
- The ability to collaborate with colleagues effectively.
- The ability to use initiative and have the instinct to review information and breakdown to lower level.
- Have a holistic view, be able to see the context of projects within the business model.
- Solid organisational skills, including multitasking and time-management.
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills.
- Ability to translate technical and scientific dialogue into user friendly requirements.
- Flexible approach with problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, a natural relationship builder
- Strong attention to detail.
- Professional and friendly demeanour.
- Collaborative and able to deal with colleagues and members at all levels.
- Confident, approachable and helpful.
- Willing to work outside job description to help the team.
For more information or to apply for this exciting opportunity please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send all enquiries to email@example.com.