Work for CHAPWorking with us here at CHAP Towers, you will have the chance to carve out your own career in the exciting Agri-Tech sector. Don’t delay and apply today…
Dependent on experience
Crop Health and Protection Limited (“CHAP”) is one of the four Centres for Agricultural Innovation and a key component of the UK Government’s Agri-Tech Strategy, aiming to spark scientific and technical innovation that enables transformational change and sustainable productivity in agriculture.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
You will undertake the following responsibilities:
- Report to the Innovation Director and assist in the overall objectives of CHAP
- Initiate, develop and execute successful applications and bid proposals to enhance the CHAP innovation program and maximise use of current CHAP capabilities
- Create and develop partnership and consortium networks with CHAP partners and the wider community
- Provide accurate technical assessment of applications, bids and projects and present those findings to technical and non-technical audiences including the Exec Team and Board
- Support Operational and Financial team in project establishment, management and reporting
- Work with Operational and Financial Team to develop core structure foundation documentation for successful application/bid and consortium applications.
- Actively engage with current research and industry developments to produce periodical briefing documents for colleagues, Board and wider audience.
- Assist with appropriate reporting to the Exec Team, Board and others as required
Skills, Experience and Behaviours
- Experience of working in academia and/or commercial environments.
- Degree level qualification in Biology/Agriculture/Agronomy/Soil Science fields.
- Clear understanding and experience of UK and international funding programs available, including Innovate UK, UKRI, EU and charitable bodies.
- Evidence of effective grant application/bid writing/business plans and project management or co-ordination and developing professional networks.
- Effectively plan and manage workload
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Independent thinker – able to take the lead
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team
- Excellent presentation skills (written and oral) with ability to engage with stakeholders at any level.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office packages
- The ability to represent CHAP nationally or internationally as required.
- Full UK driving licence
Please forward CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Please send all enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org