Work for CHAPWorking with us here at CHAP Towers, you will have the chance to carve out your own career in the exciting Agri-Tech sector. Don’t delay and apply today…
Business Development Manager
Head of Marketing, Membership Manager and Innovation Director
Field Based in the UK
Crop Health and Protection Limited (“CHAP”) is one of the four Centres for Agricultural Innovation and a key component of the UK Government’s Agri-Tech Strategy, aiming to spark scientific and technical innovation that enables transformational change and sustainable productivity in agriculture.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Business Development Manager (BDM) will work with the Commercial Director and the existing BDM to further develop the pipeline by generating new business and managing existing customers, to improve CHAP’s market position and achieve financial growth. This role requires a proven history in the selling of scientific services, a thorough knowledge of the sector and an understanding of CHAP’s Capabilities.
The BDM will engage with CHAP partners, leading scientists working inside and outside the Capabilities and customer(s) segments, to identify opportunities across SMEs, large agrochemical companies, farmers, growers, agronomists, food retailers, seed companies and soil experts.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Achieve long-term organisational strategic goals and sales income targets by identifying sales opportunities, negotiating, preparing quotations, confirming customer commitment to projects, handling objections, handling complaints and providing excellent customer service
- Identify business opportunities; understand and recognise potential for innovation in agriculture and the agri food sectors
- Build high level strategic key relationships in the sector and grow, maintain and leverage their network
- Work with the Innovation Team to engage companies/businesses in collaborative research projects and funding opportunities from Innovate UK and other sources
- Interlink their activities with the Marketing Team to help develop targeted content for marketing campaigns and the website. Identify case studies from the Capabilities to help promote/market CHAP
- Attend sector functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on the broader sector
- Submit monthly progress reports to the Commercial Director to ensure CHAP meets its reporting obligations to Innovate UK
- Regularly update the Customer Relationship Management system
- Keep abreast of national developments regarding agri-tech issues to ensure strong specialist knowledge and best practice
- Manage own time to ensure efficient and effective performance. Submit expenses on time
- Self-motivated and target driven.
- Collaborative style of working.
- Comfortable and effective working on own initiative.
- Engaging personality: able to build rapport and effective relationships easily and quickly across a broad spectrum of people, businesses, academics and the public sector.
- Strong sales skills required: persuading, prospecting, researching, report writing and presentation skills, closing skills, motivation for sales, sales planning and structured targeting, identification of customer needs and challenges, sector knowledge, meeting sales goals, professional, experienced in effective CRM management and excellent networking.
- It is expected that the successful candidate for this role will be on the road three to four days per week visiting potential clients and will work in one of the CHAP offices as and when required.
- A successful relationship sales/BDM background is essential, preferably in the agri-tech sector, with an existing network of contacts.
- A science degree.
- Full Driving License.
Please send all enquiries to email@example.com