Work for CHAPWorking with us here at CHAP Towers, you will have the chance to carve out your own career in the exciting Agri-Tech sector. Don’t delay and apply today…
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Reporting to: Financial Controller / Bid Manager
Salary: Dependent on experience
Location: York / work from home
Crop Health and Protection Limited (“CHAP”) is one of the four Centres for Agricultural Innovation and a key component of the UK Government’s Agri-Tech Strategy, aiming to spark scientific and technical innovation that enables transformational change and sustainable productivity in agriculture.
About the Role:
The Bid Officer will support CHAP’s Bid Manager by contributing to the preparation of bids for grant funded and commercial projects. This role requires strong attention to detail, excellent organisational and communication skills and an ability to work under pressure to challenging deadlines.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in bid management, preferably with experience of bidding for grant funding. The bid team provide valuable input into opportunity qualification, win strategies, commercial discussions, budget creation and solution design. A sound commercial understanding with the ability to manage complex, multi-workstream opportunities would be highly valued. Contribution to the ongoing development and implementation of internal governance procedures as the organisation scales would also be valuable.
- Support the Bid Manager to prepare proposals for both grant-funded projects and commercial tenders, liaising with colleagues and CHAP partners to collate, review and edit content.
- Manage input from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from R&D and commercial teams, marketing, finance, commercial, legal and delivery. Our partners range from highly innovative start-ups to large public and private sector organisations. A flexible approach is therefore required to work effectively with diverse individuals and businesses.
- Oversee the Bid Management Team’s use of company databases and software including Salesforce and FinancialForce, accurately recording and monitoring all grant and commercial activities.
- Facilitate the efficient and accurate administration of bids, ensuring the careful and diligent processing and recording of all data.
- Support colleagues and CHAP partners with the management and oversight of multiple deadlines, to ensure timely collation of content from, and an efficient process for bid contributors.
- Support the Bid Manager and Financial Director to produce accurate and up to date management information for company stakeholders and the CHAP Board.
- Work closely with the Senior Leadership Team and Project Management Office to schedule the utilisation of assets.
- Work with CHAP’s Project Management Office to facilitate efficient grant-project transition.
- Undertake market research on a variety of industry sectors to contribute both to the application content and to the organisation’s wider understanding of the markets we operate in.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Degree level education or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in bids or grant writing highly desirable but not essential, with public sector bidding experience particularly advantageous.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, able to work without direct supervision to tight deadlines both individually and within teams.
- Confident, friendly and articulate manner.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to liaise with a wide variety of colleagues, both technical and non-technical and the ability to build relationships with a range of organisations, and to engage with stakeholders at any level.
- Ability to use a range of IT packages including Office 365 (specifically Word and Excel) and web portals, with an ability to learn new software quickly.
- APMP Practitioner or Professional level, or equivalent experience.
- Project Management certifications such as PRINCE2, APM etc would be useful.
For more information or to apply for this exciting opportunity please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Please send all enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org